[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lockley Wood
The local Primitive Methodists began meeting in Lockley Wood c. 1862. They rented a cottage and soon bought a plot of land for £5. They built a chapel at a cost of £75, measuring 24' by 21', with rising pews. The chapel opened for worship on 27th December 1863. In 1864 the deeds of the chapel and its school were registered as a charitable trust. The chapel was completely renovated in 1896. It was marked as a chapel on the 1946 edition of the Ordnance Survey 1" map but must have closed afterwards. There is a house on the site now, but whether it is an adaptation or a substantial rebuild of the former chapel is not yet certain.
Grid ref: SJ 690285