Lords Hill & Snailbeach Baptist Chapel
In the late 18th century a joint congregation of Baptists and Independents met in Minsterley. In 1805 a united church was formed, but they separated in 1817 and for a time the Baptists met in a room over a blacksmith's shop, but this was overcrowded. The Earl of Tankerville granted them 3/4 of an acre of land to build a chapel on, near the mines in Snailbeach. The foundation stone was laid on 1 May 1833 and the building was completed on 30 September. The chapel opened on 1st October of that year. It has a minister's house attached to the side of the chapel (to the right), and has its own burial ground. The Chapel is reported to have been enlarged in 1873. This church is still holding services in the chapel in 2017.
Grid ref: SJ 380020.