Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Broad Street, Ludlow
Built to replace a former chapel in Lower Broad Street, this chapel was built in 1878-9 by Messrs Nevitt of Ironbridge to a design by the architect William Ranger. The foundation stones were laid on the 11th July 1878 and the chapel was opened by July 1879. For a small town, this was a large and imposing building, and had galleries on three sides. It seated 700 people & cost £5,000 to build. The inscription in the pediment reads 'GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST'. A Sunday school is attached, built in 1897 to celebrate Queen Victoria's diamond jubliee. The chapel is still in use by the Methodists in 2018 & has been joined by the congregation formerly meeting at Zion Chapel, New Road, Ludlow.