[former] Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel, New Road, Sandpits, Ludlow
A gothic style polychrome brick chapel was designed by John Grosvenor of Ludlow. The foundation stone was laid on 17th October 1878 and the chapel opened on the 4th May 1879. By 2004 the congregation had amalgamated with the Methodist Church meeting in Broad Street, Ludlow. By 2014 the chapel had been sold and converted into residences.
Grid ref: SO 514754
There was another Primitive Methodist chapel in Sandpits which had been built in 1871 and opened on Sunday 6th August 1871. It is not yet known why there were two Primitive Methodist chapels in such close proximity, erected within 8 years of each other, and existing as such for over 50 years. It is possibly the Primitive Methodist chapel which was de-registered as a place of worship on 19th October 1984.