[former] Lydbury North Primitive Methodist Chapel
Primitive Methodists were meeting in this parish by 1851, when they met in the house of Richard Price, with a Sunday congregation of 50 or 60 worshippers. This chapel was built on land purchased for 10, and erected in 1872. The commemorative plaque above the door has the inscription "PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL ERECTED 1872" inscribed on it. Extra land at the back was bought in 1880 for the erection of a Sunday school. The chapel was licensed for marriages on 15 February 1898. The chapel has ceased to be used for religious purposes and was de-registered as a place of worship on 22nd November 1983. By 2002 the building had been converted to residential use.
Grid ref: SO 350861

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here