[former] Lyneal Primitive Methodist Chapel, in the parish of Ellesmere
The first chapel at Lyneal was erected at Lyneal Mill in 1827. In 1851 it had seating for 100 worshippers but there were 18 worshippers at their afternoon service and 15 in the evening on census Sunday in March 1851. In that year they decided to sell the chapel & rent it instead. In 1858 it was reported that six years previously the chapel was closed & sold, as it only had a few members. In 1865 they bought the chapel they had been renting (at £2 10s. p.a.), for £40 as the owner wanted to sell it. In 1870 the chapel debt was cleared & in 1872 the building renovated "at considerable expense". In the 1890s they rented new premises at the Firs which was located in an upper room (which measured 29 ft long by 15 ft wide) at a farmhouse approached by external steps. In 1928 the Lyneal Estate was sold for Death Duty purposes & that included the Firs. The old school house was then used as a chapel which was decorated & repaired in 1974. In 1996 a new lease was obtained for the chapel for 10 years @ £20 p.a. The last service was held on 11 June 2006, then the chapel closed. The building was de-registered as a place of worship in July 2014.