[former] Congregational Chapel, Park Street, Madeley
A Congregational church was formed in 1872 in Madeley and in April 1874 a site was bought for £125. The architects Messrs Bidlake and Fleeming of Wolverhampton prepared the plans for the chapel & in 1874-5 this chapel was erected, costing £1,400, with seating for 170 worshippers. The builder was Mr Cross of Shrewsbury. The commemorative stone reads "THIS STONE WAS LAID by/ JOHN MADDOCK ESQ/ ADMASTON/ JUNE 20TH 1874". The chapel opened on 18th January 1875. c. 1880 it was reported that they had about 50 worshippers at their morning service and 100 at their evening one. The chapel was still in use in 1980, by which time it had joined the United Reformed Church. By 2004 the chapel had been sold and had been converted to "The Old Church Guest House".
Grid ref: SJ 693043