Primitive Methodist Chapel, Maesbrook
In April 1899 permission was granted by the local circuit for a new chapel to be built at Maesbrook at an estimated cost of £380. The foundation stone of this chapel was laid on 29 June 1899. It has its own burial ground. In October 1900 they celebrated their first anniversary of the opening of the chapel. It is still in use as a Methodist chapel in 2017. However, there was a former chapel on this site, built in 1844 at a cost of £200 and opened on Sunday 29th September of that year, In the Religious Census of 1851 it had sittings for 145 people, and there were 68 worshippers at their afternoon service on census Sunday and 79 at their evening service. Before that the Primitive Methodists met in a timber-framed farmhouse called Llwynygo.
Grid ref: SJ 310215.