SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

Mainstone Primitive Methodist Chapel Mainstone Primitive Methodist Chapel
Plans were in hand in 1866 to build a chapel at Mainstone, at a prospective cost of 100. This stone built Victorian chapel was erected in 1892 at a cost of just over 291. It was officially opened on the 30th November 1892. It was still in use in April 2005, but has now closed, and the building put up for sale in October 2015. For a view of the unusual datestone, click here.
Grid ref: SO 276877

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here