SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

[former] Melverley Primitive Methodist Chapel
[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Melverley
This very small chapel (21 ft by 18 ft), built of red brick with yellow brick dressings and iron-framed windows, was built in 1865 at a cost of just over 157. The foundation stones were laid on 1 August 1865 and the chapel opened on 10 December of that year. It has no burial ground attached. There is no noticeboard outside, nor notices, & by July 2003 looked unused. The gate was locked. The chapel susequently closed and was put up for auction in July 2016. For a photograph of the commemorative stone click here
Grid. ref: SJ329182

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here