SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

Morton Mill Wesleyan Methodist chapel (1846) Morton Mill Wesleyan Methodist chapel (1875)
Morton Mill Wesleyan Methodist Chapels
There are two chapels here on the one site. The earlier, smaller one to the south (on the left in this view), was built in 1846. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 90 people. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 61 worshippers at their morning service and 70 at their afternoon one.This chapel was superseded by the larger one to the north, which was erected in 1875. There is an addition at the back of the larger chapel dated 1936. Both buildings are still in use in 2017 and in a good condition. There is a burial ground attached. Grid ref: SJ 576226

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here