[former] Newport Primitive Methodist Chapel, Stafford Road
Primitive Methodist preachers first came to Newport in the summer of 1821. This small brick-built chapel was erected in 1830 at a cost of £200, with seating for about 100 worshippers. The chapel was registered for nonconformist worship on the 2nd January 1831 by John Felton of Newport. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 37 worshippers at their afternoon service and 40 at their evening one. There were also 19 children at their Sunday School.This remained their chapel until 1877 when a new chapel on a better site was erected in Wellington Road in that year. The old chapel was rented out for a while, and subsequently sold.