Newport Primitive Methodist Chapel, Wellington Road
The first Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in Stafford Road in 1830, q.v. It was a plain brick building with a doorway and two round-headed windows in the gable end facing the street. It was replaced by this new chapel (in the photograph) built in Wellington Road in 1877. This was closed in the late 1920s when the Primitives joined with the Wesleyan Methodists in Avenue Road. The building is now the Masonic Hall.