[former] Oakengates Congregational Chapel, Lion Street
This chapel, of brown brick, was built in 1847-8 and opened on 26 April 1848. In 1851 it had seating for 400 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 98 worshippers at their morning servie and 200 at their evening one. In addition there were 120 children at the Sunday School in the morning. Originally the sides had four bays, but an extension of one bay was added at the rear. The chapel re-opened on the 2nd March 1862.The building is no longer used as a chapel but by 2003 was a night-club called "42's Night Club".