[former] Ollerton Independent Chapel
This small sandstone chapel was built in 1838. This view shows the windows on the north side, and the original entrance on the east side facing the road. A gallery was later added to the east side to which an external staircase was built. In 1851 there was seating for 182 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 21 worshippers at their morning service (& 18 at their Sunday School) and 48 at their afternoon one (& 10 at their Sunday School). The chapel has not been used for religious purposes for about 50 years, but for storage. It has been beautifully converted to residential use and in 2004 was known as "The Old Chapel".