[former] Penuel Capel  y  Bedyddwyr, Oswestry
Welsh Baptists began meeting with the English Baptists in the town in 1806, and in 1872 they bought the old Independent Methodist chapel in Beatrice Street. They then built the chapel in this photograph. The foundation stones of this Welsh Baptist chapel in Castle Street were laid on 22 November 1889. The land had been bought for £200, and as well as the chapel, two houses were also built, one to be used as the manse. The building is no longer used for religious worship, having closed in 1983 and the building sold. In 2003 it was being used as the APS Carpet and Bed warehouse.