[former] Hermon Welsh Congregational Chapel, Chapel Street, Oswestry
This chapel was built in 1862 to a design by Thomas Thomas, as an anniversary chapel to commemorate the ejection of the nonconforming clergy in 1662. It replaced a chapel built in 1842. The chapel continued in use until 1996 when the congregation was told that the building had become structurally unsound. Services then ceased. However, the building has now been restored & the building re-opened when the restoration was complete. It is now being use as an arts centre. For a photograph taken in 2006, click here.