[former] English Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Oswald Road, Oswestry
It was decided in January 1885 that this congregation should build a new chapel to replace their existing one in Albert Road. This rather grand little chapel was designed by Edward Bremner-Smith the former borough surveyor. Tenders from builders were invited in May 1888 and the chapel was built in 1888-9. The foundation stones were laid on the 13th September 1888 and the opening services were held on Sunday 30th June 1889. In July 1889 it was reported that it cost £2300 to build including £700 for the site. In 1890 it was described as the "Only building in the town which makes any pretence to classical architecture." The chapel closed some years ago and by 2006 was being used as a furniture shop.
Grid ref: SJ 292297
Their old chapel in Albert Road was to be kept in the meantime as they did not intend to sell it then.