[former] Ebenezer Primitive Methodist Chapel, Oswestry
The Primitive Methodists first met in Oswestry in a building, called "The Cold Bath" in Oakhurst Road which opened on 12 December 1824. This soon became too small. A site at the corner of Castle Street and Chapel Street was bought & a chapel, called Ebenezer, erected in 1840, at a cost of £1,640 & opened on 20th December of that year. Adjoining it there was land used as a graveyard and two houses and gardens, In 1851 the chapel had seating for 300 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 60 worshippers at their afternoon service and 110 at their evening one. In addition, the Sunday School had 29 children at their morning meeting and 28 at their evening one. It was described at the time as a "brick building cemented" and "neatly pewed". Two schoolrooms and a vestry on adjoining land were built in 1868 at a cost of about £300, and opened on 24th January 1869. In 1890 more land was bought & a new schoolroom was erected, which was opened in 1891. In 1898 the chapel and the schoolroom of 1868 were demolished and a new chapel built.