[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Penley, parish of Ellesmere|
Penley is in the County of Flintshire, but in the ecclesiastical parish of Ellesmere in Shropshire. There were Primitive Methodists meeting here in the 1840s and in 1851 they were meeting in houses as they had no chapel of their own. They had to wait until 1900 before they built a chapel. It was built of brick in the gothic style. It opened in December 1900 & was called "Ebenezer". The building still exists but has now closed as a place of worship and has been converted to residential use. It was de-registered as a place of worship on 28th February 2000.
Grid ref: SJ 418397