Plealey Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
This chapel was built in 1828 for the use of Independents. In 1830 it became a Baptist chapel, and by 1851 its allegiance had been transferred to the Wesleyan Methodists. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 100 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 they did not have a service, but reported that on averge they had 50 worshippers at their morning service and 40 at their afternon one. In 1854 a plot of land nearby was purchased for a burial ground. The chapel is built of brick, painted white, and it has a slate roof. It was still a Methodist chapel in 2017, but has now (2018) closed.
Grid ref: SJ 423069.