[former] Plealey Baptist Chapel
Richard France's own house was licensed as a place of religious worship on the 12th January 1824. This chapel was built in 1828 for the use of Independents. However, in 1830 it became a Baptist chapel following a change of belief by Richard France who built the chapel. By 1851 its allegiance had been transferred to the "Wesleyan Methodists. The Methodist Conference in 1859 gave thanks to "Mr Richard France for the gift of the chapel at Plealey ... which has cost £230.
Grid ref: SJ 423069.