Pontfaen Primitive Methodist Chapel, St.Martin's
This little stone-built chapel was erected in 1838-9. In the 1851 Religious Census there were 20 worshippers at their afternoon service and 33 at their evening one. The interior of the chapel was altered and improved and entirely remodelled in 1882. In February 1896 the chapel was registered for the solemnization of marriages. The chapel has now closed and has been converted to residential use and its appearance much changed, but fortunately the commemorative plaque above the doorway [which has Primitive Methodist Chapel, the date MDCCCIX, and the inscription "What hath God wrought"] has been left in situ.