Pontesbury Hill Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel was built on this site in 1834. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 100 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 30 worshippers at their afternoon service and 23 at their evening one. The chapel was replaced by the present brick-built chapel (in this photogaph) in 1897. The foundation stones were laid on the 29th April 1897. In 1932 the old chapel was demolished and in its place a schoolroom was erected. The chapel is still in use as a Methodist chapel in 2018.
Grid ref: SJ 397055.