Pontesbury Baptist Chapel
This chapel, costing £300, was built in 1828 and opened on the 15th April. It was situated in the centre of Pontesbury village. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 250 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 155 worshippers at their mornng service and 180 at their evening one. The Sunday school had 62-64 children at their meetings. In 1853 the minister's house was converted into two schoolrooms. In 1854 a plot of land nearby was purchased for a burial ground. The Baptist Chapel is still in use in 2017.
Grid ref: SJ 401059.