Preeshenlle Congregational (now United Reformed Church) Chapel
This chapel, with its own burial ground surrounding it, has other buildings joining it at the back. It was built in 1862-3 at a cost of more than £500, to commemorate the Act of Uniformity of 1662 . The foundation stone was laid by Thomas Barnes of the Quinta, and subsequently the chapel was opened on the 8th June 1863. It had seating for 200 people. There was a schoolroom built underneath the chapel. The building was registered for the solemnization of marriages in 1869. In the 1890s a new wall was built around an enlarged burial ground and a new classroom and vestry were built. The chapel was still in use as a chapel in 2018 having joined the United Reformed Church. It replaced a small chapel built in 1831 and opened in 1832.
Grid ref: SJ 304340.