[former] Prees Green Primitive Methodist Chapel
There had been P.M. preaching in the neighbourhood since about 1824. Prees Green P.M. circuit was established in June 1825 & the surviving preaching plans begin in 1831. According to the 1851 Religious Census this chapel was built in 1844, However, a chapel in Prees Green was registered with the Diocese of Lichfield, by a known Primitive Methodist, William Higginson, as a nonconformist meeting place on the 17th September 1832. The Quarterly Meeting's minutes begin in 1837 & the baptism register begins in 1843. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 100 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 40 worshippers at their morning service and 80 at their afternoon one. It was registered as a place of worship on 21st December 1860 and de-registered on 21st September 1933. It remained the Primitive Methodist chapel until it was replaced by a new chapel q.v. in 1933. The old chapel has now been demolished.
Grid ref: SJ 559317