Quinta Congregational (now Independent Evangelical) Chapel
This Congregational chapel, which is in a good condition, was designed by T. D. Barry of Liverpool, in the gothic style and built by Messrs Hugh Yates & Edward Hughes of Liverpool, at the expence of Thomas Barnes, in 1858, and described at the time as "handsome". It opened on the 14th October of that year. In 1872 the chapel was beautifully decorated and appropriate scripture mottoes were placed in different parts of the church. The church joined the United Reformed Church in recent years, but seceded from it 1978-80, and is now (2020) an Independent Evangelical Church.
For a photograph of the chapel taken in the late 19th century, click here.
There is a detailed description of the interior of the chapel at the time of its opening in the "Wrexham and Denbighshire Advertiser" of 23 October 1858, page 3.
Grid ref: SJ 281360.