Ruyton-of-the-XI-Towns Independent [now United Reformed Church] Chapel
This chapel, costing £500, was erected in 1832-3. In 1851 it had seating for 150 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 50 worshippers at their morning service and 94 at their evening one. In 1896 a school was erected at a cost of £324. The chapel has a burial ground attached. The chapel was still in use c. 2004 and in good condition, but in February 2017 it was up for sale and in June 2017 it is "under offer". For a modern photograph click here. For a view of the interior of the chapel taken in 2017, click here.
Grid ref: SJ392228