Shrewsbury Baptist Church formerly known as Claremont Baptist Chapel, Shrewsbury
This chapel, designed by Richard Owen of Liverpool a noted chapel designer of his day, was built in 1877-8, to replace the former chapel [built in 1780, & enlarged in 1810 at a cost of about £1400] which was old and too small for the congregation. The old chapel was demolished and the new one erected at a cost of £2,500. The chapel (in the photograph) is still (in 2017) in regular use, and is an amalgamation of the old Claremont Baptist Church and Crowmoor Baptist Church. For a view of the interior of the chapel as it was in the 1990s, click here For views of the two date stones click here.
For a rough sketch of the original Baptist Chapel in Claremont Street, click here.