Baptist Chapel, Wyle Cop, Shrewsbury
A congregation of Baptists from Coleham began meeting c. 1858 and by 1863 had built this polychrome brick chapel at the bottom of Wyle Cop in a yard behind what had been the Spread Eagles public house. It was intended that when finances allowed, the buildings fronting the street would be demolished and the chapel extended to the street, with a "commanding" stone facade. However, the congregation did not flourish, no extension was ever built, and by 1886 the chapel was described as "vacant". The building was subsequently used as a warehouse and later an antiques shop. The doorway and two side windows have been filled in since the chapel closed.