[former] Coton Hill Congregational Chapel, Shrewsbury
This chapel was built in 1908-9 to replace the old Independent Chapel on Castle Gates, Shrewsbury. The building was designed by local architect A. B. Deakin and the builder was Thomas Pace of Shrewsbury. The chapel was officially opened on the 11th February 1909, and cost £3500.
The columns on the tower came from the portico of the old chapel. By the 1930s the congregation had declined, so the chapel was closed in 1942. It was let to various organisations and eventually sold in 1975. It is now used for commercial purposes. For a view of the memorial tablet on the front of the chapel, click here.
Grid ref: SJ 492131