St.Nicholas's Presbyterian Chapel, Shrewsbury
The [former] St.Nicholas's Presbyterian Chapel, Castle Street, Shrewsbury

A Presbyterian congregation was established in the town in 1865, and met in a variety of locations. In 1870 a chapel, designed by R.C.Bennett of Weymouth, was erected on the site of the former St.Nicholas's chapel at the entrance to the castle. They built a large chapel on a very small site. It was originally intended to have a tower at the west end when funds were available, but this was never done. The building ceased to be used for religious worship in 1975 when the congregation joined the United Reformed Church in Abbey Foregate. q.v. The chapel is now used for commercial purposes. For a view of the side of the chapel, click here.
Grid ref: SJ493127

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here