SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

St.David's Presbyterian Church of Wales, Shrewsbury

St.David's Presbyterian Church of Wales, Belmont, Shrewsbury
This chapel, designed by Cecil Fillmore of West Bromwich was opened in 1936, and replaced the lecture hall, which had been used for religious services, of the 1905 building, q.v. It was still in use in 2004 but in June 2005 it was put up for sale. In 2010 it was converted into 4 apartments & called "Belmont Mansions". Grid ref: SJ492123
For a view of the chapel interior, click here
St.David's Presbyterian Church of Wales, Shrewsbury
St.David's Presbyterian Church of Wales, Belmont Bank, Shrewsbury

A building containing lecture hall, schoolroom, library & other rooms was built in 1904-5 to the design of G.Dickens Lewis, to replace the chapel on Frankwell Quay, q.v. A purpose-built chapel was erected in 1936. Grid ref: SJ492123

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here