[former] Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel, Snedshill|
It is not yet know when the Primitive Methodists first established themselves in Snedshill. No P.M. meeting place appears in the 1851 Religious Census but there was a congregation in existence by 1866 and reference to a building used as a chapel is mentioned as existing "for some time past" in the later lease (below). A Primitive Methodist chapel appears on the 1882 Ordnance Survey map. On 31 August 1883 a lease was granted to the Primitive Methodist trustees by the Lord Stafford for 35 years at an annual rent of 5 shillings, backdated to 29 September 1882. The trustees bought a new harmonium in 1902. The congregation was still meeting there in 1909 but, due to mining subsidence, the chapel had to close. Permission was granted to sell the materials of the chapel on 18th April 1912 and the chapel was subsequently demolished.
Grid ref: SJ 702104