[former] Bethel Primitive Methodist Chapel, Stanton Long
The Primitive Methodists built this little chapel, with seating for about 70 people, in 1880. The foundation stones were laid on the 20th May 1880 and the chapel held its opening service on the 3rd October 1880. The land was given by Mr B. Cocks of Holdgate, built of Broseley granite brick by Mr C. Weale of Seifton and designed by Mr Hine of Ludlow. It was built at a cost of £200. The commemorative plaque has the inscription "BETHEL PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL 1880" on it. It was still used as a chapel in 1940 but had closed by 1955. By 2003 it had been converted to residential use.
Grid ref: SO 574908.