[former] St. George's Primitive Methodist Chapel, Church Street
This chapel was erected in 1860 following tenders from builders being invited in October 1859. The architect was Mr James Pickard of Whitehall Road, Shrewsbury. The plaque now on the flank wall is inscribed "1860/ PRIMITIVE/ METHODIST/ JUBLIEE/ CHAPEL". The seating capacity was increased in 1863 by the erection of a gallery. The chapel is no longer used for religious worship but by 2003 was being used as a pine furniture shop. The red brick building to the left of the chapel was the Primitive Methodist Jubliee Sunday School, built in 1876. Both buildings were sold in 1965 as they had been replaced by a new Methodist chapel on the opposite side of the road. The "Jubilee" chapel was de-registered as a place of worship on the 2nd September 1967.
Grid ref: SJ 707108