[former] Stirchley Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
This plain brick chapel was built in 1840-1, but it wasn't registered for worship until 1854. In 1851 it was described as "on the Dawley Road, within the bounds of Dawley Magna township". In 1851 the chapel had seating for 176 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 35 worshippers at their morning service and 70 at their evening one. In addition the Sunday School had 91 children at their morning meeting and 110 at their afternoon one. The chapel was enlarged at the back & refitted in the latter part of the 19th century. The original doorway has been covered by a later porch. The chapel was still open in 1980 but has since closed & was de-registered as a place of worship in August 2015. It was then put up for sale. Plans were approved for the building to be converted into a restaurant in 2016 & it is now called "Restaurant 1840".
Grid ref: SJ 694066