Stretton Westwood Primitive Methodist Chapel, near
This little chequer-brick pattern chapel was opened c.1878, to serve the community of local quarrymen who worked in the nearby Lea limestone quarry. The chapel was renovated in 1895 under the supervision of Mr John Woof of Wenlock. The chapel closed shortly before its centenary, c.1973; its sale was authorised in May 1974. The datestone has been defaced & the building by 2005 was derelict & overgrown.
Grid ref: SO 595984