[former] Sweeney Baptist Chapel, Sweeney Mountain, near Oswestry
This Baptist chapel was built at Sweeney in 1831 at a cost of about £118 and a Particular Baptist church formally formed there in 1837 when David Crumpton was ordained pastor on 10 August 1837. The congregation does not appear in the 1851 Religious Census. In 1858 the chapel was re-opened after having been repainted & was described as having "a very neat, clean, and comfortable appearance." The building was still in occasional use until the 1970s, closed c. 1984 and by 2005 it had been converted to a house & called "Tall Trees".
Grid ref: SJ 284260