|[former] "Bethel" Welsh Independent (Congregational) Chapel, Sychtyn
For a while prior to 1825 Welsh Congregationalists met in the house of John Rees at Ffynnon deg. Then in 1825 the Rev. E. Davies of Treflach Wood took charge of the church assembled at the house of Edward Rees, when the church numbered 14. In May 1838 these Welsh Congregationalists resolved to build a chapel, to be called "Bethel". Edward Rees sold them a piece of land 33 ft x 24 ft for £6 10s. The foundation stones were laid on the 17th June 1838 and the chapel built at a cost of £117. The chapel's opening services were held on the 5th & 6th November following. It was built at a cost of £117. It was described in 1851 as a "small chapel". In the Religious Census of 1851 it was reported that they had seating for 120 worshippers. At their afternoon and evening services on Census Sunday they had 16 & 7 worshippers plus 9 & 3 Sunday scholars respectively. The chapel was renovated in the 1860s and in the 1880s. The chapel was still in use in 1949 but the building was sold sometime between 1956 & 1964. It is now converted to residential use & called "Chapel House" and is unrecognisable as a former chapel.
Grid ref: SJ 236252