[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Ditherington a.k.a. Old Heath, Shrewsbury
In 1844 a chapel was built in Long Row. In 1851 it was reported that there were 100 free sittings, and at their evening service on Census Sunday in March there were 23 worshippers. By 1882 had become too small for the growing population. In November 1882 the foundation stones of a new chapel, built on the site of the old chapel, were laid. The cost of the new chapel was about £300, to be built by Mr Oliver Jones, builder, of Shrewsbury to plans by Mr A. H. Taylor. A bottle was put into the wall which contained the names of the chapel officials, copies of local newspapers, a circuit plan and a coin of the realm. The chapel was still marked on the 6" Ordnance Survey map surveyed in 1936. The chapel has now closed and been demolished.
Grid ref: SJ 501144