Tibberton Primitive Methodist Chapel, Edgmond
Primitive Methodists were holding meetings in Tibberton in 1836-7. A small chapel was built in 1843 at a cost of £128.7s.8d. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 100 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 24 worshippers at their afternoon service and 46 at their evening one. In addition there were 24 children at the Sunday School in the morning and 18 in the afternoon. The building has been considerably altered since then, with refenestration, and a new doorway at the gable end in 1933, and an extension at the back for a Sunday school. In 1879 it was lit by gas provided by Messrs. Billing & Son from their paper mills. The chapel was still in use in 2017 but seems to have closed by 2019.
Grid ref: SJ 674202