[former] Treflach Wood Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel was built in 1833 in the local stone and opened in October of that year, at the same time as the building was registered at the county quarter sessions as a nonconformist meeting place. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 90 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 32 worshippers at their morning srvice and 67 at their evening service. In addition there were 41 children at their Sunday School in the morning and 20 in the evening. In 1860 the chapel was being enlarged. The chapel closed on the 5th of December 1976 when there were only 5 members remaining. The chapel has now been converted to residential use.
Grid ref: SJ 259253