[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Walford Heath
This chapel was erected in 1841. In 1851 at the time of the religious census on 30 March, the chapel had 30 worshippers at their afternoon service and 50 at their evening one. On the datestone is written "PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL/Prepare to meet thy God/AMOS chap 4 Ver 12/1841". In 1895-6 the chapel was altered and enlarged by Mr T. Howells of Ruyton XI Towns at a cost of £140 7s. The foundation stones of the new part were laid on the 3rd October 1895. In June 1896 they held a sale of work in order to raise £35 to help to pay off the debt. In 1909 they were fund raising for a new organ. The chapel closed after 1986 and by 2002 it had been converted to residential use. The building was de-registered as a place of worship in March 2016.
Grid ref: SJ 445200