Weirbrook Congregational (later United Reformed Church) Chapel
This chapel, with its own burial ground, was built in 1910 at a cost of £664 following an appeal for funds starting in 1909. The commemorative stone has the inscription "WEIRBROOK 1910 CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL" on it. The first service was held on the 28th September 1910. It was still in use as a chapel until October 2018 when it held its last service. The chapel was built to replace a "tin tabernacle" seating 50 worshippers,(which cost £60 to erect) which opened on Sunday 16th December 1883 for a congregation which had been meeting since 1878. The tin tabernacle, located about 100 yds to the NE on the same road as the 1910 chapel, was still extant in 2002 but was not there in 2009.
Grid ref: SJ 347240.