[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Tank Bank, Wellington
This chapel was built in 1898 in brick & terracotta to the design of Elijah Jones. It replaced a chapel (built in 1835) described as "small but beautiful", measuring 27 feet by 21 feet. It had 8 pews in 2 rows, rising by 6 inches in each tier. It was located on the opposite side of Tan Bank and opened on 29th May 1835. This chapel soon became too small for the growing congregation so was enlarged in 1837 at a cost of £260 & reopened on 25 June of that year.
The 1898 chapel closed in 1966 when the congregation joined with the Methodists in New Street. The building on the left (originally the school) is now (2017) occupied by the First Church of Jesus Christ Apostolic. The building on the right is now a mosque.