[former] Congregational Burial Ground Chapel, Chapel Street, Wem
The Congregationalists laid out a small burial ground of about a quarter of an acre, in Chapel Street in 1844 to which was attached a small chapel for weekday evening services. The building was licensed for religious worship on 4 December 1844, & certified by John B. Williams. The land had been bought by a lady who was a member of the church and she also paid for the erection of the building.The entrance to the burial ground is to the left of the meeting room. This building is now (2016) a private house.
Grid ref: SJ 513288