The [former] Salvation Army Barracks, Wem
There was a Salvation Army Barracks in Noble Street by 1888. They continued to meet there until they built a new hall (or hut, as it was called by some) at the west end of the High Street in 1939. They had ceased using this building by 1950 and by 1975 there was no longer a Salvation Army congregation in Wem. This building and land were sold to the Wem Amateur Dramatic and Operatic Society in 1999. The hall was demolished in 2002.