Primitive Methodist Chapel, King Street, Much Wenlock
Primitive Methodist preachers were reported to have preached in Wenlock in the mid 1830s. A congregation of Primitive Methodists had been meeting in a room in Wenlock since at least 1851. In the 1851 Religious Census they had between 34 and 55 worshippers at their two services on 30th March. They built this chapel in 1862 in polychrome brick at a cost of £300. The chapel was in use by October of that year. The chapel was registered for the solemnization of marriages on 7th November 1872. A Sunday school was erected adjacent to the chapel in an identical style in 1883, at a cost of £150. The porch was added in 1909. The buildings were still being used by the Methodist Church in 2017, but are not listed on their website in 2020.
Grid ref: SO 621999